This position is based in Berlin, Germany.
The area: Marketing
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And, we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--breaking the rules, redefining the medium, making the user the hero, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
The role: Consumer Marketing Manager, Brand
As a Marketing manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. The role enables you to shape the product development process, organize product launches from beginning to end and form future marketing strategy.
Part of the consumer marketing team, this is a global role that focuses on cross-product brand initiative, e.g. around privacy, security and culture. You will be responsible for the marketing strategy, planning and execution of German wide campaigns that support the Google brand. This is a cross-functional, cross-country role: you will be working closely with the Product Marketing in London, PR and Policy in Germany and Product Management/Engineering teams in EMEA.
- Work with the German Management team to define cross-functional brand strategy and advocate consumer marketing strategies.
- Review, launch and drive adoption of new products and features that are related to privacy and safety.
- Manage marketing budgets, manage creative and media agencies.
- Work with market insights, quantitative marketing and user experience teams to design and deliver studies to gain knowledge about user attitudes and behavior. Apply rigorous tracking and analysis to determine effectiveness and ROI of marketing programmes.
- Project-manage execution of marketing programmes for Germany.
- Masters degree (MBA or MA). In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- Experience creating and executing successful marketing campaigns.
- Proven track record in project management and in effectively delivering large-scale and/or multiple projects at one time in very fast-moving environment.
- Technology or online industry experience, knowledge of online products, online marketing, understanding of Google's strategic and competitive position.
- Analytical skills and the ability to develop B2C strategy, business plans, market insights and analyse campaign effectiveness and ROI.
- Ability to influence wide audiences at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, fluency in German and English.